Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm not sure you understand what a college does...

The first time I saw someone make this comment, I just wrote if off to some kid not really thinking about their words, but I've now seen this comment, answering why ND shouldn't fire Weis, uttered by a Notre Dame student twice:
...the University probably can't survive another coaching turnaround this quickly...

Eh...what? Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the "fire Weis" bandwagon, but what is this person saying? Do they think that the boys of the Holy Cross would have to abandon the university and put the Dome up on Craigslist if the football team doesn't return to first tier status? The entire university will close if the football team doesn't perform? Seriously?

I mean, how can Notre Dame possibly consider themselves a quality university if their football team sucks?

Okay, chilluns, you might be a little glum about the Irish team this year, I understand that, but let's keep a little perspective.

2 comments:

grimsaburger said...

I don't know, El Ranchero. I'm starting to worry that my PhD will be absolutely worthless if Weis is allowed to stay. How will I ever find a job if ND's football program sucks for a year or two?

el ranchero said...

Well, that's what you get for not applying to a better program, like the University of Florida or Louisiana State.