Tuesday, May 29, 2007

one of the few meaningful moments of the last several years

and it passes without notice in our revered news media. Cindy Sheehan calls it quits:
Camp Casey has served its purpose. It’s for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford , Texas ? I will consider any reasonable offer. I hear George Bush will be moving out soon, too...which makes the property even more valuable.

This is my resignation letter as the "face" of the American anti-war movement. This is not my "Checkers" moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.

Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

It’s up to you now.

It's an ominous sign for our nation's soul when Cindy Sheehan gives up hope.

As an aside, it's also quite significant that she hears "George Bush will be moving out soon, too," considering he bought the ranch in... ready for it?... 1999.

No comments: